discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > ATV Forum

Page 1 | [ 2 ] | 3 |      << Prev | Next >>

08-16-2017, 17:30 Post: 75601
gauthier

TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

I third that motion,Richardg

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 08-16-2017, 22:24 Post: 75640
Wildman1

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

Richard..before this useless thread gets decapitated I just have to make a comment about voting. Seems that 40% or less of our citizens vote. I firmly believe that EVERYONE needs to be involved. 70% of our people are conservative to moderate but we are being led down the primerose path by the unelected bureacrats and liberal judges "legislating" from the bench.

We ALL have to get involved and VOTE!! Get rid of the filibuster's, put in the right candidates, and force them to follow the constitution to the letter. VOTE!! or don't complain about who's running things.

08-17-2017, 03:19 Post: 75683
gauthier

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

Wild,I respect your opinion on voting,BUT,if you vote for these idiots,it just makes them want to do it again.

Now as far as that if you don't vote don't bitch saying,bullshit,my not voting IS my vote,I serveed my country in the armed forces,I am at least a five generation american,and if you counted the american indian blood that has been rumored to be in my veins,then its a whole lot more generations then that,so you see I can damn well bitch all I want,and voting has nothing to do with it.
I honestly,[no shit],would like them to hold an election for president one of these days,and about 1,000 total votes is all that could be gotten,now what do you think would happen then? Something would sure as hell change,and thats what we need change,term limits,would be a good start,more then two parties,[who have a chance of winning],the elimination of letting millonares run,maybe the elimination of letting lawyers run,etc.

Thats why I don't vote,you have the choice of larry, moe or curly,every time,I choose none of the above,I choose no vote,because if enough of us choose not to vote, there would be a change,otherwise,you are just encourging them. Richard

08-17-2017, 08:13 Post: 75711
wbowhunt

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

I have to agree with Richard to some degree here. I am not out to stir the pot, it is just when we moved last year and went to register to vote in the county we moved to, when I elected to Not check Republican or democrat and go independant, I was told that I could then NOT Vote in a primary election. Can someone please explain Democarcy to me.

08-17-2017, 13:08 Post: 75713
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

A primary is the method parties use to select THEIR candidate. If you want to participate in a parties candidate selection process then you are free to do so by joining the party. You are still free to vote in the general election and if you don't like the candidates you can write in somebody. I don't see the problem.

08-17-2017, 18:02 Post: 75715
wbowhunt

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

But my question is, why if I feel strongly for a member of a party do I have to be a member of that party to support them. I vote based on the issues and the person, not on the party. This way I can not support someone to run who I feel would be good if I don't register under that party. Basically saying I have to choose the party before I know who the canidates are that running.

08-17-2017, 22:57 Post: 75716
kwschumm

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

Hope I didn't stir the pot with that last post. I absolutely understand the frustration with the political parties and the party process and feel at times that registering as an independent would at least send the message that they are offering up poor candidates. If parties see their membership shrink dramatically then maybe they'll get a clue. But then a smaller number of people will select the eventual candidates and who the heck knows how bad they will be. What's a voter to do?

08-18-2017, 03:51 Post: 75718
gauthier

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

What the hell is wrong with stirring the pot a little.don't worry,be happy. Richard Bowman,you had better be careful agreeing with anything that I might say,you might get in trouble with the club.

08-18-2017, 08:46 Post: 75742
Wildman1

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

I don't suggest to have the answer to getting the best candidate on a ticket. The campaign finance reforms and term limits are a joke. Unless every state agrees to uniform term limits, then different states have different advantages. Finance reforms get circumvented by everyone..starting with the sponsers. They just go out and exploit the loopholes they created.

But..one thing is clear..only having a small minority of our society choosing the candidates is a serious problem. I just believe that EVERYONE needs to be involved. Get more candidates out there..get more public discourse..debate the issues, as opposed to "trashing" the opponents..prohibit career politicians (does Strom Thurmond come to mind?).

It is a battle between competing high dollar interests, and this is on both sides. Look at Kerry, a Democrat, whose party is opposed to big corporations, is a multi-millionare.

Then look at the prescription drug bill, now at 500b over 10 years, and not one mention of the term "deficit" in the debates by either side. BUT..how many times did we hear the term "deficit" during the tax cut debates??

The Repubs are trying to steal the Dem's issues and both parties are moving towards bigger & bigger government. This is what buys votes. More and more giveaways and entitlements.

We need to get to the grass roots of our system and to do that we need 100% involvement. That's my issue with those who don't vote. The 60% who don't vote could at least write someone in, and that COULD make a difference.

08-18-2017, 13:40 Post: 75762
gauthier

Filter by User
 Best Hunting Vehicle

Wild,who should you write in though? I mean there is no need of writing in micky mouse unless all 60% did it,and that won't happen.
I'm from w.va.,does robert bird,[spelled wrong],come to mind,speaking of term limits,that would have to be an ammendment to constitution,to get that in,We don't need career politicians running our governments,period,thats not what our founding fathers intended,thats like having a few royal families running it. There are millons of americans out there who are capable of being a senator or congressman,[there is not much qualifications required for job you know],lets take turns,8 years is enough,period.

Then you get into the yellow dog demacrats and the pink cat republicans[just made the pink cat part up,good huh],that would vote a yellow dog in if thats the only demacrat on ballot. mindless.
Untill you change whats wrong with the system,argueing about those little things you mentioned makes no sense,thats what they want.

I will say this though,after clinton,and since there is a war on,the demacrates should be kept out for a while,maybe in another 4 to 8 years a new thought might come to them, and the war will be won. Thats still not enough to get me to vote though,cause with our present system,it really doesn't matter. Richard

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | [ 2 ] | 3 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > ATV Forum

Thread 73757 Filter by Poster:
AC5ZO 1 | Art White 1 | Chief 2 | DennisCTB 1 | gauthier 9 | kwschumm 2 | loghouse95 1 | Murf 1 | sparkplug 1 | wbowhunt 2 | Wildman1 4 |

(advanced search)

Unanswered Questions

How do you determine Shotgun S
Best dog for Bird hunting
Best shotgun for Pheasant Hunt
How get a newbie to love Skee
12 gauge AA Hulls low price
Field Labrador Retriever Breed
F/S Beretta 687 EL Gold Compet
Once fired Win. AA Hulls

Active Subjects

How do you determine Shotgun S
Welcome Nachoman Hasta Luego N
Importing sling shots to my co
Beretta 687 EL Gold
Winchester AA hulls for sale
HULLS HULLS HULLS
28 Gauge and .410 Winchester A
28 Gauge Winchester AA Hulls -

Hot Topics

How loud is subsonic .22 ammo?
guns for self defense
Winchester AA once fired 12 Ga
12 gauge AA Hulls low price
Kubota's RTV
Golf cart, ATV or Gator type v
Using an ATV to plow snow
Youth Christmas Gift/Gun

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Golf cart, ATV or Gator type vehicle?
+ Using an ATV to plow snow
+ Kubota's RTV
+ Kubota RTV 900-sticks in reverse
+ Polaris?
+ An Interesting Comparison, RTV vs. 1987 Samurai
+ Best Hunting Vehicle
+ ATV with Mower
+ More Kubota RTV Problems
+ RTV Problems and Solutions

Most Discussion

+ Golf cart, ATV or Gator type v
+ Kubota's RTV
+ An Interesting Comparison, RTV
+ Best Hunting Vehicle
+ Using an ATV to plow snow
+ More Kubota RTV Problems
+ Kubota RTV 900-sticks in reve
+ RTV Problems and Solutions
+ ATV with Mower
+ LOCKIN FRONT DIFF

Newest Topics

+ HELP! Quick UTV Survey!!
+ Sportsman 600 oil/filter change
+ raptor 4000H Utility VBehicle
+ 2004 Polaris Sportsman 4 4
+ 2004 Polaris Sportsman 4+4
+ Mark, Did You Sell your Kubota RTV Yet?
+ Dumb dealers!
+ 400 Sportsman
+ Bota recal
+ E-Z-GO WORKHORSE ST-350

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines