discussion   |   photos   |   email   |   myProfile   |   home          Login Now | Sign Up

New As Posted | Active Subjects

Click to Post a New Message!

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > ATV Forum

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [ 11 ] | 12 | 13 |      << Prev | Next >>

07-17-2017, 16:06 Post: 64706
Misenplace

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

Filter by User
 Golf cart, ATV or Gator type vehicle?

Art, I sure would like to know if that lift kit is difficult to put in or if a person with a fair amount of mechanical garage tinkerin aptitude could handle it. It seems like a 1970's era single cylinder Roatax would be just the ticket in one of theese, they even operate on the same type of clutch/drive system. Dave

Reply to PostReply | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Bookmarks: Digg It | Del.icio.us |
 07-17-2017, 21:00 Post: 64710
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Dave, "SFRNSCTASH" 10 characters..... Laughing out loud .... or staying with the French theme "JENESAQUOI"...Rolling on the floor laughingMAO.

Seriously though, the lift kits are unbolt old parts bolt in new parts, strictly swap only, no fabricating or customizing required. The hardest part of the whole operation is getting to the underside of the unit to do the work, my guys use one of a FEL to stand the cart on it;'s rear end then work straight on standing up, sounds more convenient to me than laying upside down with 10 years of dirt falling in your eyes.

Power options are only limited by availability of parts, imagination and desire, I've seen some pretty strange options, there's a guy in Arizona who apparently puts 1200cc. VW engines in them.

Best of luck.

07-18-2017, 11:44 Post: 64722
Misenplace

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Laughing out loud, yeah but no one but you would know that unless we have some other French canadians. How about tentfrites ? Ok, one thing I love about you guys is your potatoe chip fetish. Canadians LOVE potatoes. Where else can you buy fries on the beach or get ketchup or dill pickle flavored chips ? Maybe I should have chose Culdesac so you could just shake the bottom of the bag clean every now and then . Smile (or pop it). I have ruled out the club car because the aluminum frame has to be cut to install a proper lift. The EZGO is less than the yamaha as are the parts BUT I like the ride on the Yamohaha better plus its 11hp. Theres a lot to be said for the reliability of a single thumper. On the lift kits there is a endless wave of choices. The company that art chose uses blocks to get a lift or at least the ones I saw on their site are. The other type I am seeing is completely new front axle, A frame, Tie rods and shock mounts. About the same price. Even thought the one for 3k seems a good value I am a little leary as I cant see the components or quality of the lift. I would rather do my own work. Dave

07-18-2017, 16:38 Post: 64726
Murf

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Dave, you forgot about the truly French-Canadian culinary masterpeice called "poutine", which is apparently Quebcois for "heart attack waiting to happen". French fries covered in cheese curds and gravy ... mmmmmm, pass the ketchup.

As for the cart, I always subscribed to the "I built it myself, I know what's in it & if it breaks it's nobodys fault but my own." theory.

Go for the replacement axle, etc., the geometry doesn't work right with just lift blocks, and the blocks are not as likely to last if you take on rough country regularly.

Best of luck.

07-19-2017, 02:27 Post: 64730
Misenplace

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

No no No. Heart attack on a plate is alfredo. eggs, butter. creme, pasta, a little sheelfish and bottle of crisp white wine. I agree with you on the lift kits. Especially iof you are going to tear down the front end I would want to replace the bushings in the king pins if their are any. Now this will really tax my french, vocabulary, memory and typing skills but see if you make any sense out of this one murf......Plus ca chance plus cest ca mems chose. Dave

07-20-2017, 17:43 Post: 64742
Art White

Filter by User

The kit for the larger lift or one with the frame pieces was about the same as for the tires and the lift kit. I'm still trying to figure out how much I need. We have a ton of golf coarses in our area but nobody has been playing with these in our area. I hope to use this one for a bit and if need be I'll find another cart and make it different if I still feel I have a need. Art

07-20-2017, 22:37 Post: 64743
Art White

Filter by User

The kit for the larger lift or one with the frame pieces was about the same as for the tires and the lift kit. I'm still trying to figure out how much I need. We have a ton of golf coarses in our area but nobody has been playing with these in our area. I hope to use this one for a bit and if need be I'll find another cart and make it different if I still feel I have a need. Art

07-21-2017, 18:15 Post: 64756
Misenplace

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

I think the old style yamaha kit I was looking at with all of the frame pieces was 350 ish and the block type was 275 ?? The other on line store that has parts is golfcarcatalogdotcom. When you buy the lift kit with tires and rims thery discount 10%. The lift with steel wheels and the biggest tyires is like 575. Art are you guys selling the club car buggies ? how much do those puppys cost ? Dave

07-23-2017, 14:25 Post: 64771
Art White

Filter by User

Dave, we are not dealers just got a bug the other day and bought one instead of a four wheeler. The lift kit I got with tires was around 300. That is why I got it as I thought it was a good place to start and a good price. The 7" lift kit sold for about what I paid for the tires and lift kit.

07-25-2017, 05:41 Post: 64802
Misenplace

View my Photos

View my Photos  Pics

Filter by User

Art I was referring to the CUB CADET as a dealer. I thought that was what you were talking about in a previous post. Their new utility vehicles. Arent they like 6k in 4x4 ? I was looking at mules as I ponder all of this stuff. A abused used mule is 5k ish. They do make a Mule with just the same Kawasaki Golf cart engine in it that Club Car uses. Its $5800. I guess by that measure fixing one of theese carts up is a true bargain. I'd like to know how you like your lift kit once you get it on. If it was difficult to install etc. I went back and looked at the lift kits and I did miss that yours came with the tires so indeed it is half the price of the other system. The Best price I am finding so far is arouund $1450 on a 93 Yamaha in good shape. With the lift you bought and a klight kit I would be under 2k which is what peaked my interest in this in the first place. Dave

Reply | Pop Up Window Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | [ 11 ] | 12 | 13 |      << Prev | Next >>

Discussion Boards > Active Subjects > Messages as Posted > ATV Forum

Thread 63791 Filter by Poster:
AC5ZO 1 | Art White 28 | cigars 1 | cutter 23 | DennisCTB 2 | DRankin 4 | harvey 1 | Jelliott 1 | Misenplace 37 | Murf 17 | peterR 1 | peterREJ 1 | Peters 2 | rjmills 2 | TomG 1 |

(advanced search)

Unanswered Questions

How do you determine Shotgun S
Best dog for Bird hunting
Best shotgun for Pheasant Hunt
How get a newbie to love Skee
12 gauge AA Hulls low price
Field Labrador Retriever Breed
F/S Beretta 687 EL Gold Compet
Once fired Win. AA Hulls

Active Subjects

How do you determine Shotgun S
Welcome Nachoman Hasta Luego N
Importing sling shots to my co
Beretta 687 EL Gold
Winchester AA hulls for sale
HULLS HULLS HULLS
28 Gauge and .410 Winchester A
28 Gauge Winchester AA Hulls -

Hot Topics

How loud is subsonic .22 ammo?
guns for self defense
Winchester AA once fired 12 Ga
12 gauge AA Hulls low price
Kubota's RTV
Golf cart, ATV or Gator type v
Using an ATV to plow snow
Youth Christmas Gift/Gun

Featured Suppliers

Mountain Creek Labradoodles
      MountainCreekLabradoodles.com

New Forums on Gun Sport Shooting and Hunting -- BarrelPoint.com  New Forums on Horses ManePoint.com
Talk Horses at ManePoint
Hunting + Gun Sports at BarrelPoint

Most Viewed

+ Golf cart, ATV or Gator type vehicle?
+ Using an ATV to plow snow
+ Kubota's RTV
+ Kubota RTV 900-sticks in reverse
+ An Interesting Comparison, RTV vs. 1987 Samurai
+ Polaris?
+ Best Hunting Vehicle
+ ATV with Mower
+ More Kubota RTV Problems
+ RTV Problems and Solutions

Most Discussion

+ Golf cart, ATV or Gator type v
+ Kubota's RTV
+ An Interesting Comparison, RTV
+ Best Hunting Vehicle
+ Using an ATV to plow snow
+ More Kubota RTV Problems
+ Kubota RTV 900-sticks in reve
+ RTV Problems and Solutions
+ ATV with Mower
+ LOCKIN FRONT DIFF

Newest Topics

+ HELP! Quick UTV Survey!!
+ Sportsman 600 oil/filter change
+ raptor 4000H Utility VBehicle
+ 2004 Polaris Sportsman 4 4
+ 2004 Polaris Sportsman 4+4
+ Mark, Did You Sell your Kubota RTV Yet?
+ Dumb dealers!
+ 400 Sportsman
+ Bota recal
+ E-Z-GO WORKHORSE ST-350

Turbochargers for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Cab Glass for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Alternators for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Radiators for Tractors and Industrial Machines

Driveline Components for Tractors and Industrial Machines
Starter Motors for Tractors and Industrial Machines